Friday, May 9, 2008

Speechless

And now suddenly and without warning comes word from the other Portland that my daughter's best friend's mother took her own life this past week. A complete surprise to everyone who knew her, and totally out of character to the person I knew...a happy, upbeat, hard-working, down-to-earth woman who was like a second mother to my own daughter, just as her daughter was like a second daughter to us. I just don't get it, and I don't want to get it. I can't imagine the kind of pain she must have been feeling in order to take this desperate step, but it must have been terrible when I weigh it against the pain I know her loved ones are suffering in its aftermath. Me included. I only pray that she may now find whatever peace may have eluded her in this life, and that all of us who loved her and cared for her may find strength and comfort and support in one another, as we mourn her loss.

No comments: