Saturday, May 10, 2008

PRAYER

Spirit/God -- who knows the prayers of my inmost heart even before I know them myself...teach me to wait patiently and listen quietly for the answer to my inmost prayer, that I might discern with clarity the deep longing of my soul. Make me an instrument of your peace and comfort and healing, and give me the strength I need to fulfill the responsibilities to which you have called me, that I might share with others some of the many blessings that you have so generously bestowed upon me. Help me to remain faithful, trustworthy, optimistic and confident, even in the knowledge that nothing is ever certain, and that ultimately all things of this world pass away. Help me to live a life of humility, gratitude, generosity, hospitality, understanding, forgiveness, and service...and to experience that profound and sublime sense of joy "where the soul's great longing meets the world's great need."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and may it be so.