Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Pain in the A**

And that's really what this all adds up to, these past 42 days...an excruciatingly debilitating pain in the ass that has sent me to the hospital, landed me in a wheelchair, left me effectively homeless, and essentially disrupted every other aspect of my "normal" lifestyle, including treatment of the Lung Cancer which is at the root of all of these problems anyway. But I must be getting better, because I'm starting to feel good enough to complain. I have a scheduled appointment with my medical oncologist tomorrow, but it still looks now like I'm going to be here at the Rehab through the weekend, while we continue to tweak my pain medications in order to get them just right. Hope to transfer to Seventy Five State Street bright and early Monday morning, and start my chemotherapy Tuesday or Wednesday. Jacob and Margie are both going to be here this weekend, and I'm hoping they can help me with some of the details of making this move happen smoothly. I SO want to get up and about and out on my own again! But even that still seems a long way away, when I can't even stand and walk without aid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me of the time that E. kicked S. in the ass in anger. Weeks later S. was still complaining of pain and I took her to see the Dr. She had a fractured coccyx. Her sister had broken her tail bone. The joke for weeks and weeks was about how the Dr. could not put S's ass in a cast.

Hang in there, Tim. Give yourself permission to be cranky but remember that every small step forward is a step in the right direction. Patience can be very hard to practice.

Anonymous said...

This is a good sign. Use it. Hang in there.
Kerry

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling disheartened, but my question is, what took you son long? You have every right to feel the way you do and it's okay. You don't have to be a cheerleader for all the folks who read your blog. Remember we are all here for you, pulling for you, sending positive vibes and cyber hugs. Let that hoist you up a little.

Lots of love,
Lynne