Friday, April 11, 2008

Progress, Not Perfection

This is the message they've been giving me since I arrived here. Not JUST "slow & steady..." or "one day at a time" but simply small, incremental steps in the right direction. Sure it's frustrating. But it's also movement toward the goal.

Big medical issues right now are completing my radiation treatments next Tuesday, pain control, my own mobility and the accessibility of my lovely, quaint 1st floor turn-of-the-century walk-up apartment. When I am eventually discharged from MMC next week, it is doubtful I will be able to go straight home...but the question of where I WILL go is still up in the air. I can say this: I will be going SOMEWHERE.

Meanwhile, the computer saga continues to evolve. Five different I.T. techs have been working on it so far, and it's stumped them all. Last night a friend from church brought his old IBM laptop up for me to try, and we couldn't get it to log on either! So now the techs are REALLY stumped. Still, I suppose if I have to have a "mystery diagnosis," I'd much prefer a computer problem to a medical condition.

No comments: