Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good Days, Bad Days

It's still a notion that I'm trying to get my head around. After such a delightful weekend, woke up early Monday morning with some pretty serious resting hip and leg pain, plus sweating, shortness of breath, and audible chest congestion that sounded terrible even to me. Took a couple of hours just to get myself up and out of bed, then a quick morning excursion for a chest X-Ray and a CT scan, a morphine-fueled trip down to the basement and thru the tunnel for my regular radiation therapy, then finally at long last a reasonably pleasant afternoon and evening in the company of my family as I finally got myself squared away again. And will miracles never cease: with the indispensible assistance of MFW, even managed to file my taxes on time for the first time since our divorce.

This morning, after a comfortable night's sleep, woke up well-rested and relatively pain-free, and it's all good again. Back to business as usual. Even took a couple of baby steps with the walker. That's life, I guess. Go figure....

No comments: