Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My 100th post



And it's hard to believe--my initial diagnosis was six months ago, and now here we all are 100 posts later. That's an awful lot of water under the...well, let's say keel.

And I see as well that another one of my pet boats has sold...or perhaps simply been withdrawn from the market for the winter while they rethink their sales strategy. But I'm guessing sold, and at a pretty significant price cut at that. Only the willing buyer and the willing seller (and perhaps their respective brokers) know for sure.

Yet still the Windsong, out of Nantucket, shows us her stern, and we add her portrait to the collection of "doggone" sailboats similar to the one that "one day isle" be living aboard myself, God Willing -- perhaps even as soon as next summer, when I have recovered enough of my health to make it feasible. It's important to have goals, even if they are mostly fantasies and daydreams. I have other goals as well: for myself, for the church, for the wider world...and thankfully most of them are a lot more tangible (and a lot more realistic) than the ones that come over me late at night during the ravages of boat fever.

Boat Fever. Not really sure whether there's an effective therapy for that particular illness either. I've had it since I was a child, kept it pretty much in remission during my marriage, was afflicted with an especially virulent form while living on Nantucket myself after 9/11...and now. Well, let's just say that once again, it's a disease that can be "treated, but not cured." Or at least that's what they tell me. I guess I'll find out soon enough for myself.

100 posts. My God -- how the time flies. Thanks for reading. Now, it's time for me to get ready to face the day. Ashore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy Tim!

It has been good, following your recent dreamy posts. Good reminder you provide, about keeping up to date on the fantasy life, keeping those goals from sailing off over the horizon without us.

Val E.C.