Friday, June 27, 2008

Thank God It's Friday -- I think

Whew... I just don't know where all my energy has gone, but this has been kind of a busy week, with a fair amount of church work (our DRE's exit interview, a meeting with the Worship Committee, and with a wedding couple), plus a few lunches out (including the Greek Festival at the Orthodox Church just a block up the street from where I'm living) and a whole new medical situation to deal with. Probably ought to talk about the last first, since it is also the most important. I'd been experiencing some pretty serious edema in my left leg, which sure enough turns out to be the result of a deep vein thrombosis blood clot. So now I'm being treated with Coumadin and daily Heparin injections, and trying not to worry too much about a pulmonary embolism. But between that and my regular chemo, I've pretty much been to the doctor's office every day this week, which really cuts into my reading and blogging time. Plus I really am feeling pretty tired, and finding it harder and harder just to get through a lot of my normal "Activities of Daily Living." But enough! Enough. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to get caught up a little and unpacked in my new place, maybe visit a little with Parker, and generally take things a little easier than I have these past few weekends. I may even find the time to blog a little more regularly Little steps, little steps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes. Don't overdo ( a form of denial). Bargain like crazy, though, for everything you can get!