Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last Sunday in Church

`


With all the excitement about the potentially deadly "incident" in the alley behind the church, I almost forgot to post this. Last Sunday in church one on the most venerable members of the congregation (a retired psychiatrist) stood up during the candle-sharing and said this:

I want to express the joy of our relationship with Tim, the concern over his disabilities, and thanks for what he has given to us. He has promoted the very important need for each of us to feel "connected" to each other.

As we come closer to the end of Tim's time with us I want to express deep appreciation for his ability to share who he is at so many levels. In my later years I have begun to learn that hiding thoughts and feelings that I don't want to share with others only hides who I really am. The more of myself that I learn to share with others the more I become who I really am.

Tim has modeled that behavior for all of us and I want to thank him/you with all my heart. He has given us many great readings and sermons but I have never felt that he was preaching "down" to us from our high pulpit.

In summary, "Thank you Tim for being here and being you".


Nice testimonial, n'est pas? Thank YOU Robbie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should all thank Robbie for so eloquently stating how so many of us feel and what the powers that be obviously missed. Hopefully Tim, "as ye sow, so shall ye reap"