Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2009.0505-Cinco De Mayo

~
And a lovely surprise call over the weekend from "Mrs Chris" -- the wife of a good friend of mine from Camano Island, whose family lives here in Maine and owns property at Higgins Beach. "Mr Chris" and I have known each other since childhood; my mom and his aunt were sorority sisters at Washington State University in the '50's, and our beachhouses now are three doors apart on Camano. The Higgins Beach connection has been nice because once I left Nantucket, it has allowed us to get together summers out here instead of back on Juniper Beach as we have every summer since we were kids. That makes us truly "bicoastal beach bums" (which I think was one of the team names we played Trivia under last summer at Bingas, before the fire).

In any case, Mrs Chris and I met up for breakfast at that wonderful Portland landmark Beckys, and had a lovely time catching up on everything that has been going on in our respective families since I last visited with them last summer. And now I'm really looking forward to seeing them all again out west on the Fourth of July.

Meanwhile, today also marked the last of my 16 sessions of radiation therapy to my right lung. Will see my regular oncologist again on Monday, but it will probably be another month before we'll really know how much good this has done me. In the meantime though, I'm starting to think about trying to make this a daily blog again, more in keeping with its original theme of sharing and documenting my experience with this lung cancer. So I guess we'll just have to see how that goes. And my apologies in advance if it all just starts to sound a little mundane...because that's just my life these days.

Thank God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the radiation results.
Elz

Anonymous said...

Well completing the radiation deserves at least a modest halleleujah! Don't think mundane is the word I'd choose for your account.

All the best,

Val C.

Anonymous said...

I almost missed your "thank God" at the end of the post... I guess I'll say "thank God" for this sore throat, it will go away! You are an inspiration to me ~~ Thanks Tim.
Mary B