Sunday, November 23, 2008

Incommunicado and Aching to feel better

And if you're wondering why I've been virtually incommunicado for nearly a week, it's because I have been, and I'm not even sure if I can remember all the detail about how it come about. Relatively painless chemo last Monday (I think), and Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty painless as well. But I was starting to feel a little less chipper by the time Thursday rolled around, and Friday I was a basket case. Part of the problem was that at some point my SMTP host stopped recognizing my outgoing mail, but more to the point is that my post-chemo side-effects suddenly shot of the page...so now I have over 152 unread/unanswered emails in my in-box, and none of my temporary "work-arounds" seen to being even close to catching up. So if you have a solution for me, give me a call -- or send me an e-mail in ALL CAPS (so I'll be able to hear it over the "noise" of my box)

Meanwhile though, desperately struggling to get my physical pain under control, which has now become so excruciating that I actually had to drop out of today's service, and have booked a substitute for next Sunday. And believe it or not, his is all I can manage for today. It's funny. When things are going smoothly, life seems so flexible, and I feel like I can go on forever. And when things take a turn for the worse, well...I'm sure you get the point. Now I'm just going to try to find a happy picture to post, and see whether that turns things around...rather than running them further aground.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Tim, and I pray for your pain to end so that you can do all the things you wish for!
liza

Anonymous said...

Tim,

I so so hope you will get some relief from this pain soon. Keep dancing around the fire. We are cheering for you.

Val Cochran

Anonymous said...

I was worried about you - so long between posts. I'm sorry you're having a rough spell, hope it clears quickly.

Ashley Lasbury said...

Hi Tim,

You were missed yesterday. I am so sorry that you are feeling yucky. Let me know what I can do to help. Chicken soup? A visit? You, of course, are always in my prayers. Sending positive energy and smiles your way.

Ash

Molly said...

Kathy and I were chatting and I popped onto the blog to check in on you. We are sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable. Hope you get some relief from the pain soon.
Molly & Kathy