Saturday, September 13, 2008

This Just In

Just a quick interruption in the middle of my own sermon preparation to point folks to this article in today's Portland Press Herald about my "return" to the pulpit tomorrow.

By last week's "dry run" I assume he means that I had two other ministers and four lay readers to assist me in that service, and only preached a brief homily from the lectern in advance of our Annual Ingathering Water Ceremony.

But tomorrow I'm planning to take the entire service from soup to nuts...the initial ingathering liturgy, the children's story and adult candlesharing, plus the preaching itself (from the high pulpit, if I can manage it!) and the concluding benediction.

My topic is "Progress, Not Perfection."

If you're here in town, I'd love to see you in church!

And if you can't make it to church, you can always read it on-line at my sermon blog: The Eclectic Cleric FPC.

1 comment:

James said...

As I work on Sundays, Tim, I'll miss your grand entry back into the pulpit, but I do look forward to reading your sermon.

All my best wishes,

James